Sunday, May 18, 2008

Forgotten Passage

It's been a lot of flight segments (7) in the past two weeks. Including the first ever fly in to a customer direct on a red-eye from another city.

In my sleep-deprived state, while munching on a cold Buy-on-Board sandwich for breakfast, I made my way to US connections, past my favourite airport art installation, by Ingo Maurer. Unfortunately, it seems to be in dry dock at the moment.


Earthbound



I guess you can't expect something with moving parts to keep working 24 hours a day, year after year. The MTBF would appear to be pretty good, at around four years.

On the other hand it did make me take a closer look at something on the opposite wall, which I'd noticed before in the year that it's been there, but never really paid attention to.


Terminal 01



It's a fairly clever interactive exhibit, inviting public input into the airport experience. However, I'm most impressed that the Airport Authority would approve and endorse something as politically-charged as the section called Passage OubliƩ. Granted, it's not sitting right in the US Customs and Immigration area, but still pretty bold.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home