Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vienna Life

Vienna is consistently rated one of the most livable cities in the world. Nothing I've seen in during my brief 36-hour visit (including a long walk in the brisk night and quick trip on the U-Bahn) contradicts this. A friend of mine recently re-located there from Dublin. While I now have one less reason to visit Ireland, I have one more to return to Austria.

Way back, I had considered applying for a job with the IAEA. Headquartered at the United Nations City in Vienna, business trips would be probably be quite different, on the Axis of Evil tour.

At the time, I wasn't prepared to move far from home, especially to another continent, which I had never visited before. Plus the fact that a Masters degree in a sea of PhDs would be hard pressed to win the job. The pay also wouldn't be that great, although the diplomatic passport and exemption from income tax would surely help.


Austrian Parliament




Votivkirche




Riding out of the mist




Hofburg Palace




Sisi Museum




St. Stephen's Cathedral




At night

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home