Sunday, September 30, 2007

Parity

It occurs to me that many recent immigrants have probably never seen a two dollar bill. Similarly, some of my younger colleagues would never have spent a one dollar bill.
Somewhere, I've got a U.S. two dollar bill lying around. Received it as "souvenir" change when paying for an $18 Chicago River cruise. Poor Thomas Jefferson got short-changed...

The last time the Canadian dollar was worth more than the U.S. dollar, I had no money to spend. This time, I'm hitting eBay, where the CAD amounts in parentheses are now smaller than the USD equivalents. Probably should take a few screenshots for posterity.
Kind of like the time all the gas stations had to quickly add a digit to all their signs, and the dollar counter started spinning faster than the litre counter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home